Sunday, April 8, 2012

Beauty of Beginning

April Showers, Beauty of Beginning

March did start out like a lion and ended like a lamb.  Seems like we did not have our typical early spring, but I have known it to snow at Easter.  And my grandmother said that if there was thunder
in February that there would be frost in May.  So we will be testing this folklore but my Grandma was the most perfect (yes, I am predigous).  We have a cold spell that we call dogwood winter and another cold spell coming this week.  I don't know what winter this is called, maybe blackberry winter

This past month, I fixed the chairs from January's blog.  I made the stencil more intense
and reapplied the darkened wax.  The stenciling does show better.  I am happier with them
and feel that they are ready to sell now. 

I had a "happy" accident this past month.  I drop a can of paint (Duck Egg) and made a
big mess.  In the process of trying to clean it up and save some paint at the same time,
I scooped up what I could in my hand and sloaped in on this tray table that I splashed
in the accident.  I used my "Skylar's Lace" stencil to add a little decoration.  I think it turned
out really cute.  I have redone several of these tray tables.  They are fun and quick projects.

In March's blog I tried the back lite canvas that I was not happy with, so here is my
second attempt.  It works better that the first canvas but I am still not satisfied
with the results.  So I am hoping that 3rd time will be the charm.







The last project that I got done this past month was my ugly light.
 My mom picked this light up somewhere, yard sale or side of the road, who knows.  I cleaned this poor thing and painted it copper and rewired it.  It looks better and that's all I'll say about that ;-)














I have started the doily light that I have re-pinned on my pinterest boards, if you are interested in looking at it. I hopefully will have my first one done by my next
posting and hope that you will come back to see the results.

1 comment: